28 jul 2010

Dr. House

Cameron: I’m not expecting you to be someone you’re not.
House: We’re in a restaurant, we’re dressed up, we’re eating. If not small talk, what is there?
Cameron: According to Freud, and I’m paraphrasing, instinct of love toward an object demands a mastery to obtain it, and if a person feels they can’t control the object or feel threatened by it, they act negatively toward it. Like an eighth-grade boy punching a girl.
House: I treat you like garbage, so I must really like you. Given your Freudian theory, what does it mean if I start being nice to you?
Cameron: That you’re getting in touch with your feelings.
House: Hmm. So there’s absolutely nothing I can do to make you think that I don’t like you.
Cameron: Sorry, no. I have one evening with you, one chance, and I don’t want to waste it talking about what wines you like or what movies you hate. I want to know how you feel about me.
House: You live under the delusion that you can fix everything that isn’t perfect. That’s why you married a man who was dying of cancer. You don’t love, you need. And now that your husband is dead, you’re looking for your new charity case. That’s why you’re going out with me. I’m twice your age, I’m not great looking, I’m not charming, I’m not even nice. What I am is what you need. I’m damaged.

1 comentario: